SNA advises both lenders and borrowers, in domestic and cross-border transactions, in several matters involving banking and finance law, including:
- Structuring of debt financing transactions;
- Negotiation and drafting of financing documents and other banking instruments, including secured and unsecured credit agreements in bilateral and syndicated transactions, senior, subordinated and mezzanine financing agreements, documentary credit documents, lease agreements, and bank guarantees;
- Negotiation and drafting of security instruments, including personal guarantees (“avais” and “fianças”), pledges (“penhores”), mortgages (“hipotecas”), fiduciary liens (“alienações fiduciárias”) and assignment in security (“cessão fiduciária”);
- Negotiation and drafting of insurance policies and reinsurance, including performance bonds, insurance, credit risk and political risk;
- Brazilian Central Bank’s (BACEN) regulations, including registration of foreign loans;
- Financing by development banks, multilateral lending institutions and export credit agencies;
- Infrastructure and project finance, including structuring, negotiation, and preparation of term sheets, financing agreements, commercial agreements, collateral package, and insurance agreements; assistance with regulatory authorities, including with respect to compliance of environmental requirements.